If you want a battle ready nodachi perfect for tameshigiri and other techniques, then check out the Warrior Nodachi by Cold Steel. Made from 1060 high carbon steel, this sword features a curved blade typical of Japanese style swords. There are two fullers on this blade. One fuller is narrow and runs down the length of the blade. The other is wider and ends a quarter of the way down the blade. It is closer to the spine than the other fuller. After the wide fuller ends at an angle, the spine of the blade changes in shape. Overall, the blade has a heat-treated construction that makes it ideal for training and perfecting cutting techniques.
Next, the Warrior Nodachi has a brass blade collar and then a black tsuba. Raised and cutout designs on the tsuba depict two weapons. Then, the sword has a long grip that is nearly two feet long. Real ray skin covers the handle in addition to black braid cord and a brass menuki. Finally, this sword comes with a black lacquered wooden scabbard. Take this functional sword with you to your next historical reenactment or sword practice. You can also add the Warrior Nodachi by Cold Steel to a weaponry collection.
- Fully functional
- Features a curved blade with two fullers
- Has a long, traditionally wrapped handle
- Comes with a scabbard
- Great for training and reenactments
- Blade is 1060 high carbon steel
- Hilt is real ray skin with braid cord
- Scabbard is lacquered wood
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.