Roaring into the face of the enemy, you do not fear their strikes. You wear the 12 Gauge Viking Gjermundbu Helmet to protect your head. Made from 12-gauge mild steel, this Viking helmet takes its inspiration from a 1943 find in Norway. The original helmet was found in nine fragments, later to be restored into the full helmet.
This helmet has a rounded shape with crossed bracing strips on top. There is a spike where the strips cross. Also, a reinforcing strip runs around the bottom edge. In front, there is a spectacle mask design with grooves along the brow. This design is common amongst Viking helmets.
A chainmail aventail hangs down all around the helmet. The aventail has a blackened finish, contrasting the polished finish of the helmet above. There is a guard frame under the spectacle mask, behind the aventail. It provides additional protection. This helmet is perfect for any Viking warrior to wear into battle at their next reenactment.
- Spectacle guard design
- Has attached chainmail aventail
- Features a lower open guard
- Based on archaeological finds
- Great for historical reenactments
- Made from 12-gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.