Bearded axes feature an extended section at the lower end of their blade, and the Viking Beard Axe with Sheath is no exception as a historical weapon. This medieval polearm has a sagwan wood haft with a crisscrossed leather cording detail for the full length of the weapon. This cording also helps to secure the axe head to the haft at the socket. The top of the axe head gently curves upwards, while the bottom forms a J curve. The tempered carbon steel head is longer than the height of the beard. An included leather sheath is designed to cover the blade and secures with a loop and toggle. This Viking axe is an ideal weapon for reenactments or as part of a polearm weaponry display.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Crisscrossed cording detail
- Distinctive bearded blade
- Includes sheath to cover the blade
- Fastens onto the blade with a loop and toggle
- Great for reenactments or weaponry displays
- Handcrafted from carbon steel and sagwan wood
- Overall Length: 30 Inches
- Head Length: 9.5 Inches
- Head Height: 6 Inches
- Weight: 46.6 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.