If you wish to fight like the Cavalry of the Steppes, the Cossacks, then you should wield a sword like the Tsar Nicholas II Shashka Saber. Made from 5160 high-carbon steel, this functional sword replicates its design from the Model 1881 shashka. That saber design was originally produced during the reign of Tsar Nicholas II.
This sword has a curved blade with a deep fuller down most of its length. At the base of the blade, there is an engraved insignia of the crest of Tsar Nicholas. Also, the blade has a distal taper.
Next, the sword continues with a brass bolster with a leather spacer. The hilt has a black, ridged hardwood grip. Then, the hilt ends with a hooked brass pommel. The pommel curves towards the edge side of the sword. It also features the royal insignia. There is a hole in the pommel. A leather tasseled lanyard hangs from the pommel here.
Finally, this sword comes with a black scabbard. It has a brass chape, throat, and other fittings, including a belt ring. You can take this sword to your next reenactment or add it to a sword collection.
- A great, functional sword
- Hand-forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Features brass scabbard and hilt fittings
- Nicholas II insignia appears on blade and pommel
- Has ribbed hardwood grip and hooked pommel
- Displays strong distal taper for balance
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.