The Toucan Utility Knife is a big, beefy blade, equally at home in the back woods or on the trail. Featuring a pistol style grip that transitions from an oval to nearly full round at the butt, this knife is designed for hours of comfortable use. The grip is carved from high quality figured Palisander wood. The high carbon steel blade is hand-forged from imported DNH7 steel and differentially hardened in the Japanese style. This hardening process creates a hard, durable edge and a softer, more resilient spine and tang. The blade is sharpened to a full convex profile, which greatly increases the durability of the hardened edge. Typically a leather strop is all that is needed for sharpening. A full grain leather belt sheath is included with a unique top opening that gives full access to the grip. As DNH7 is a high-carbon steel, the knife should not be stored in the leather for a long period of time. A nylon zipper storage pouch is included for long-term storage.
- Made from differentially hardened, high carbon DNH7 steel
- Handle is made from Palisander wood
- Features pistol style grip
- Comes with leather belt sheath and nylon storage pouch
- A great Every Day Carry knife
- Ideal for hunting, utility, and other outdoor purposes
- Overall Length: 9.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 4 Inches
- Handle Length: 4.5 Inches
- Weight: 10 oz.
- Specs may vary from piece to piece.