Fans of historical blades will not want to give this one a miss! The Suontaka Viking Sword makes a great collectible sword or functional weapon. The original Suontaka sword was found in a womans grave in Finland. The grave dates from 1100 A.D., though the sword form suggests a much earlier date of origin, possibly as early as the mid-10th century. Our stunning version of this piece features a highly detailed knotwork pommel, guard, grip band, and inserts. All have been lavishly plated in rich copper for a stunning look. The tough 1085 high carbon steel blade has a full tang and is fully tempered, and it is peened over the pommel. The Viking sword includes a rich leather scabbard with matching copper fittings and a baldric for wearing this powerful piece. The sharpened sword works well for re-enactments or display.
- Fully functional
- Based on a historical Viking sword
- Fully tempered blade has full tang
- Includes matching leather scabbard with attached belt
- Hilt and scabbard fittings have ornate, carved detail
- Sharpened blade is great for reenactment or display
- Blade is made of 1085 high carbon steel
- Pommel, guard, and grip detail are plated with copper
- Scabbard covering and belt are made of leather
- Overall Length: 37 Inches
- Blade Length: 30.75 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.75 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.2 Inch
- Weight: 3 lbs. 1 oz.
Bryon Sherman (verified owner) –
Arrived way faster than expected. UPS dude was jealous..peen was a bit sloppy, but the sword is absolutely beautiful. ApPaRaNtElY she won’t let me sleep with it in the bed…..I do really wish it was sharpened. I may do a youtube review on the sword. Only 1 of many more I will purchase.
idratherbeflying1 (verified owner) –
Windlass makes some very nice swords. This one is no exception. The craftsmanship was excellent as is the look and feel. Since the sword is based on an actual artifact, I like that aspect as well. Fit and finish was wonderful. This sword fits in well with my RenFaire Viking king character.