Whether updating your favorite scale armour or creating your own unique piece, the Type 2 Steel Lamellar Scales are a must-have and come in a set of 50. Be ready for all kinds of DIY medieval armour projects with these steel armour scales.
The lamellar scales are each made of 20 gauge mild steel. They have a narrow, rectangular structure with one of the shorter sides curved and the other straight.
Each of the 50 scales has 13 holes. There are two sets of two on each long edge. Then, two dots accent the curved shorter side, and two more are in the corners of the other square, shorter side. Finally, there is one hole at the center.
How to Use Armour Scales:
The variety of holes comes in handy for different ways to lace each scale together. Use our leather laces to connect the pieces to each other. You can use these lamellar scales to create your own completely unique fantasy, medieval, or Viking armour.
Or you can use them to make modifications or repairs to existing lamellar armour, like our Birka Lamellar Steel Armour (HW-701699). Use these scale armour pieces to update your Viking reenactment kit or create armour for a Norse-themed LARP event.
Based on an archaeological find in Birka, present day Sweden, these lamellar armour scales recreate lamellar armour. This historical armour style may have been worn by Vikings.
The steel construction calls to mind powerful warriors and jarls on expeditions to lands unknown. The layered scale armour style would have been favored by Viking Rus and members of the Varangian Guard, Norsemen who became mercenaries for the Byzantine Empire.
- Includes 50 armour scales
- Multiple holes for different lacing patterns
- Great for creating your own DIY armour projects
- Inspired by historical Viking armour
- Use for making costume, LARP, or reenactment armour
- Made of 20 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 4.1 Inches
- Overall Width: 1.26 Inches
- Inner Diameter of Holes: 0.2 Inch
Measurements are approximate.