Sleipnir was the powerful steed ridden by the Norse god Odin. You can drink to this mighty animal of Viking lore with our Sleipnir Drinking Horn. Made from natural horn, this drinking horn features an inscribed image. The inscribed image is a stylized horse with eight legs, Sleipnir. Swirls decorate the body of Sleipnir. Finally, this horn is food safe and wonderful for drinking your preferred beverage. This Sleipnir Drinking Horn looks great as part of a historical reenactment, LARP event, or Viking banquet.
Please note that, because this item is made from natural horn, yours may vary in color and size from what is shown here.
- Stylized Sleipnir design
- Swirled details
- Great for reenacting or cosplay
- Wonderful home decor piece
- Made from natural horn
How to Clean and Care for your Drinking Horn:
- Your drinking horn will arrive to you clean, however we still recommend that you thoroughly clean your drinking horn before use.
- Soak the drinking horn in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the inside of the horn with a bottle brush, making sure to get as far into the tip as possible. Rinse well.
- Fix the horn to stand upright and fill with warm water. Drop two denture tablets into the horn and let it sit overnight or for at least 8 hours. The ingredients in these tablets will provide further deep cleaning. After the horn has soaked, scrub with a bottle brush again and rinse well.
- If you desire, you can coat the inside of the horn with a food safe epoxy. This would make washing much easier and less time consuming. If you choose not to seal the inside, just follow the steps above when washing.