No matter if you are a mercenary, barbarian, or another fighter, the Black Single Leather Pauldron with Chainmail will help protect you in battle. Made from 10-ounce leather, this pauldron covers the left shoulder. It comes with a harness to secure it onto the body.
The pauldron has two major plates. The upper plate is higher on the shoulder. It has holes and laces that attach it to the harness.
Also, this upper plate consists of three pieces of leather stitched together. One of them is an arched sword breaker. The other two form the base of the upper plate. Aluminum chainmail rings cover the lower half of the exterior of the base plate. They are in a 4-in-1 pattern, which consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. All of the rings have a 6-millimeter inner diameter.
Next, the lower plate covers the upper arm. Three pieces of leather forms this plate as well. There are two outer pieces and one larger one in the center. This lower plate has a pointed bottom edge and curved sides. There is a strip of chainmail running down its center. Rivets attach a strap and buckle to the plate near the bottom. This strap and buckle secure the pauldron to the upper arm.
Finally, the harness has a crescent-shaped top. It has holes for lacing to the pauldron. It features two adjustable straps and buckles. One of the straps runs underneath the arm, while the other runs across the chest under the other arm. These straps have brass buckles. This pauldron with harness is great for LARP battles, cosplay events, and faires.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Covers the left shoulder
- Comes with a harness
- Secures with buckles and laces
- Features chainmail accents
- Great for a variety of characters
- Made from 10-ounce leather
- Chainmail is aluminum
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue. For more information, check out our guide on How to Take Care of Leather Armour.