The Scouts Belt Shields in Polished Steel are perfect for adding extra protection to any armoured look. Each steel plate easily slides onto your own favorite belt, giving protection to your upper thigh without sacrificing mobility. Made of 19 gauge mild steel with a polished finish, these versatile thigh armour pieces can suit nearly any medieval, Renaissance, or fantasy look. The edges are rolled for safety, and the leather belt loops are secured to the top of each triangular piece with industrial rivets. Sold as a pair, this medieval steel thigh armour set is perfect for LARP combat, light reenactment, and costume use.
Due to the handcrafted nature of this armour piece, there may be slight natural deviations in its pattern, color, and shape.
- Includes two separate armour pieces
- Edges are rolled for safety
- Features a polished steel finish
- Worn on your own belt with attached leather loops
- Great for LARP, light reenactment, and costume use
- Made of 19 gauge mild steel
- Straps are made of leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- For the leather fittings, remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
Timothy S (verified owner) –
Perfect alternative to tassets. A little noisy due to not having a strap to go around your thighs but great for what it is.