The distinct shape of the Pugio blade was excellent for a close quarters fight and was used throughout the legions. Our Roman Pugio Dagger is based on a blade like that. Although swords and knives were generally not worn by civilians within the boundaries of the Pax Romana, barbarians and bandits were certainly to be found in the outlands, and a merchant or trader best go armed. No doubt many an old legionnaire must have found it easier to keep his balance with the familiar weight on his hip as he worked his farm in new won territory. The beautiful wood hilt of this functional recreation dagger is paired with a fully tempered high carbon steel blade. It comes complete with a wood scabbard covered in leather with brass parts and is based on remains in the British Museum. Use it to add authenticity to Roman reenactment events, or display it with pride amongst historical weapon collections.
- Classic leaf shaped blade is battle ready
- Based on remains seen in the British Museum
- Wood handle has beautiful, ergonomic shape
- Includes matching sheath
- Great for historical reenactment or collecting
- Blade is made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Hilt is made of wood with brass detail
- Leather-covered wood scabbard has brass detail
- Overall Length: 19.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 12.25 Inches
- Blade Width: 2.125 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.18 Inches
- Weight: 1 lb.
There are no reviews yet.