The Lorica Segmenta is the most widely recognized Roman armour. With a very distinct design consisting of upper and lower sections, this Lorica segmenta is a must for any Roman warrior. The torso is made of eight horizontal plates that wrap around the body and lace in the back and front. The torso is buckled onto the upper body section which also has pauldrons attached. The armour is crafted from 18 gauge steel and includes all leather straps, buckles and lacing needed for wearing. We recommend any of our gambesons to be worn under the armour for comfort and ease of movement without any pinching. It is great for LARP, Theater, Costumes, and the SCA. Check with your local chapter for approval. Size Medium.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
- Features a plate cuirass with vertical lamellae
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Inspired by the armour of the Roman infantry
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
There are no reviews yet.