Roman gladiators were armed with aa assortment of weapons all designed to make fights more challenging and interesting. This Roman Gladiator Sword with Scabbard and Belt is based on one sword that was originally of Thracian design. Similar in design to the Sica, which was a long knife or short sword favored by the Thracians, this weapon features a subtle curve and a wicked point, making it brutally effective at both slashing and stabbing. The sword blade is a bit wasp-waisted too, giving it a very dramatic and stylized design. The blade is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. It features a distinctive Roman style hilt similar to what is seen on most gladius or spatha swords of the era. The hilt is made of carved wood and features a large, rounded pommel. Leather wrapping around the grip on the hilt helps make the sword more comfortable to hold and handle. The sword also features a full-length tang for added durability and strength. Included with the sword is a fine scabbard crafted from wood, wrapped in leather, and accented with fur to give it a more barbaric and authentic look, as well as an attached, interlaced sword belt that makes wearing this sica at your side rather easy. A preferred weapon of the Thraex Gladiator, this Roman Gladiator Sword with Scabbard and Belt is as much a historical arm as it is a deadly looking weapon, one that will frighten your foes today as easily as it intimidated legionnaires and slaves in the pits all those years ago.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Modeled after the Thracian Sica used in Gladiatorial combat
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard with fur trim and attached belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood hilt and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 34 Inches
- Blade Length: 24.5 Inches
- Blade Width (at the base): 2.2 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 3 oz.