Historically offering additional protection to 15th century infantry soldiers, jack chains like these Rogue Jack Chains were added to padded arming jackets – or jacks – to guard the arms against slashing sword blows. Since these soldiers typically lacked plate armor, these additions increased arm protection significantly. The Rogue Jack Chains are crafted from 19 gauge mild steel with a polished finish for an excellent appearance that is perfect for LARPing. They are a set of two, one chain for each arm. Whether you are dressing as a historical soldier or a medieval rogue, these roleplaying jack chains make a great addition to your re-enactment ensemble.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Comes as a set of two
- Features a polished steel finish
- Fitted with arming point ties
- Great addition to padded arming jackets
- Perfect for infantry soldier LARP ensembles
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 23.6 Inches
- Upper Arm Length: 11.8 Inches
- Upper Arm Top Width: 5.1 Inches
- Upper Arm Bottom Width: 2 Inches
- Elbow Length: 5.1 Inches
- Elbow Width: 3.5 Inches
- Forearm Length: 5.1 Inches
- Forearm Top Width: 2.4 Inches
- Forearm Bottom Width: 2 Inches
- Weight: 1.97 Pounds
One size fits most. Measurements are approximate