You are a proud sword for hire. Your appearance intimidates many, especially when they see you wearing the Matte Polish Renegade Shoulders. Made from 19 gauge mild steel, this pair of pauldrons comes in two sizes. They secure to the arms with straps. They also have holes at the top for lacing to the Renegade Cuirass, not included. Each pauldron has a unique, three plate design. There is a shoulder plate which has the holes at the top for lacing. Another plate overlaps the shoulder plate. That overlapping plate is the main shoulder plate. At the top of the shoulder plate is a sword breaker. The plate has a ridge at the shoulder, giving it an angular shape. The main shoulder plate also overlaps another plate below it, further down the arm. This third plate has the arm strap. Rivets attach the pieces together. The Matte Polish Renegade Shoulders are great for wearing to LARP battles, cosplay events, and faires.
- Sold as a pair
- Comes in two sizes
- Laces to the cuirass, not included
- Unique, three plate design
- Great for medieval and fantasy characters
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
Charlotte Akers (verified owner) –
These pauldrons look really nice. It took me a bit to figure out where I want them to sit on my shoulders. It’s important to have a sturdy gambeson or gorget to attach to. It slides a little bit if you font’s secure it tight enough, so make sure this one is snug. The brass ends on the ties are a really nice and unexpected touch! Helps to have a squire/friend fit these on you to get the right placement.