The Ratio Gauntlets are a set of steel gloves designed to provide maximum protection in combat without compromising maneuverability. Covering knuckles to the forearm, these gauntlets will help to keep you safe in battle. Each gauntlet protects the knuckles with a rigid, sculpted knuckle plate. A short vambrace attaches to the hand plates with a thick piece of leather, protecting the wrist up the forearm. The back of the hand and the thumb are protected with overlapping steel plates fitted onto a leather foundation. The gauntlet is secured with heavy leather straps around the wrist and forearm that keep the armour in place. Made of 1 mm thick galvanized mild steel and top-grain leather straps and fittings, this arm armour piece is built to withstand the stress of LARPing or reenactment.
The Ratio Gauntlets are licensed ConQuest armour. ConQuest is the biggest LARP gathering in Europe.
If armour becomes wet, be sure to dry it thoroughly as soon as possible. About every six months, the metal should be wiped clean and then lightly oiled or waxed. A hard brush may be used to remove dirt from leather pieces, followed by washing with a leather soap and conditioning with an appropriate oil or polish.
- Officially licensed ConQuest armor
- Features a pair of Ratio gauntlets
- Displays brass and black metal finishes
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Offers great protection for hands and forearms
- Made from 19 gauge galvanized mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- Overall Length: 12.2 Inches
- Forearm Length: 5.7 Inches
- Wrist Width: 10.2 Inches
- Back Hand Width: 3.9 Inches
- Hand Width: 4.1 Inches
- Weight: 1.8 Pounds
One size fits most. Measurements are approximate