If you are looking for a unique yet stylish cuirass to add to your costume, then make sure that you look at the Pikeman Steel Cuirass. Made from 18 gauge mild steel, this cuirass comes in three sizes. The cuirass has a breastplate and a backplate that attach at the shoulders with latches. Each latch is in the form of a hook attached to the cuirass which can swivel into a nearby post. Meanwhile, each shoulder strap has a plated design. Rivets secure multiple plates to a leather base. This includes the end piece of the strap. The end piece has three circular holes. One of the holes slides onto the post on the cuirass. The hook then swivels into a hole on the post. This locks the shoulder strap into place.
There is also an attached strap that wraps around the entire cuirass to secure the cuirass in place. The front of the cuirass features a central ridge. Next, the cuirass comes with tassets. The top of the tassets have hinged flaps that have holes in them similar to the shoulder straps of the cuirass. Meanwhile, the bottom of the cuirass has hooks that connect to the flaps. Rivets secure the flaps to the tassets. Raised dots on the tassets line the edges of the tassets and make decorative patterns at the bottom. The tassets also have decorative ridges which give them a layered look without the weight of multiple plates. Wear this cuirass to a LARP event, cosplay convention, or Renaissance faire. It looks great on a variety of medieval and fantasy characters.
- Comes with breastplate, backplate, and tassets
- Available in three sizes
- Secures with latches and strap
- Versatile design
- Great for LARP and cosplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.