The origin of this dagger traces itself back to Swiss design. Originally similar to the baselard, an early medieval dagger, this Ornate Holbein Dagger earns its name based on the work of Hans Holbein the Younger, a famous German artist. The association is based on one of Hans Holbein the Youngers works – a masterpiece that depicted the Danse Macabre on the sheath of this dagger, earning the dagger, and all like it, his name. The dagger possesses a straight, slightly triangular blade that would have offered an impressive effectiveness in combat. The daggers hilt is crafted in wood and features crescent brass curves as both the guard and the pommel, and both brass accents are richly detailed with fine brass carvings. Included with the dagger is a matched brass-metal sheath, with carvings on the throat and chape, as well as a hanging ring for easy carrying.
- Based on an Originally Swiss Dagger Design
- Features a Hand Crafted Carbon Steel Blade
- Blade Features an Unsharpened Edge
- Has a Wood Hilt with Carved Brass Guard and Pommel Fittings
- Includes a Cast-Brass Scabbard with Hanging Ring
- A Fantastic Costume Dagger, Carrying Weapon and Display Piece