Olokun is an Orisha, a spirit in the Yoruba and Santeria traditions of Africa and the Caribbean. Olokun of the Deep Sea represents the prosperity of the ocean and its mysteries as well as wisdom, patience, and stability. This bronze statue depicts Olokun as an African merman clad in jewels and a headpiece, emerging from an ocean wave. His right arm is wrapped in chains yet holds a trident aloft. The chain connects to an anchor that sits on the base. Some say Olokun was the first spirit to inhabit the earth and was chained to the bottom of the ocean to prevent him from drowning the humans. This collectible figure is hand-painted to bring out every detail. This bronze statue of Olokun of the Deep Sea makes an excellent display with aquatic and Orisha items.
Note: the trident is packed separately within the foam packaging.
- Hand-painted to show every detail
- Depicts the male aspect of Yoruban Orisha Olokun
- Displays an African merman holding a trident
- Trident is wrapped separately in packaging
- Excellent gift or home decor idea
- Made from Cold Cast Bronze
- Height: 16.25 Inches