Rangers are a fantasy character archetype often seen as nature-bound warriors who prefer a transient and solitary lifestyle. Thus, the Nomad Sword with Scabbard, made with a rangers preferences in mind, is named for their roving manner. This sword is something of an amalgam, combining fantasy style with battle-ready hardiness, creating a sword fit for any wilderness warrior or sword enthusiast to own or wield. This hand and a half sword features a dual hardened blade forged entirely in 5160 high carbon steel. The blade geometry brings the tip to a sharp point, while its superb balance makes this large sword deceptively fast, allowing those who wield it to strike from the shadows and then fade back into them with ease. The hilt, crafted in mild steel, features broad quillons for defense, as well as a stylized leaf emblem at its center to draw the design back to a more natural style. The hilt is crafted from wood and wrapped in leather, and it is secured to a full-length tang, which is peened to a traditional scent stopper pommel. This sword comes with a matching scabbard crafted from wood and wrapped in leather, great for safely securing the blade when not in use. No sword belt is included, so you are free to wear or carry this sword using your own favorite belt or baldric. Are you a ranger at heart? Then this Nomad Sword with Scabbard is sure to appeal to you, as its hand and a half design offers a perfect balance of nature, power, speed, and style, making it a weapon fit for any warrior to wield in defense of their preferred realm.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Inspired by the reputation of the legendary ranger archetype
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Hilt is made of mild steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 42 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Point of Balance: 1.5 Inches Below the Guard
- Blade Width (at the base): 1.5 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 6 oz.