The fearsome Sohei, or warrior monks of Japan wielded a Naginata against their enemies. Wield this polearm against your foes. This functional Japanese polearm has a 1065 high-carbon steel blade. To begin with, the curved blade has a clay-tempered edge. At the base of the blade, there is a red flame design with dual fullers on each side of it.
The polearm has a brass blade collar before the black tsuba. There is a silver butterfly motif on the circular tsuba. Then, the blades long tang continues into the haft to help ensure better shock absorption. This haft has a teardrop-shaped cross-section, which helps with quick orientation of the blade. It also features a non-slip grip for better control.
Finally, this naginata comes with a scabbard and a cloth bag. You can take this polearm to your next historical reenactment or add it to any weaponry collection.
- Fully functional
- Hand forged high-carbon steel blade
- Edge tempered
- Tear-drop cross-section for correct blade orientation
- Blade Length: 20.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 55.5 Inches
- Overall Length: 76.75 Inches
- Weight: 4 lbs. 10 oz.
- Thickness at Guard: 0.305 Inches
- Measurements are approximate.