Whether a bold explorer or sword for hire, the Epic Dark Morion Helmet perfectly suits these roles and more. Inspired by 16th and 17th century helmet styles, it was made famous by Conquistadors but works well for unique knights and other Renaissance warriors.
Made of 18 gauge mild steel, this helmet has been given an overall darkened look. This suits a villainous air but also adds depth to characters of any alignment! The rounded crown features a short ridge from front to back.
Then, the Renaissance helmet features a wide brim that comes to a point at the center front and back, then angles and down at the sides. A row of rivets accents the edge between the rounded helm and its brim.
This shape helps protect the wearer from attacks from above, such as those made by cavalry or archers. The ridge at the top of the helmet further helps deflect blows. Then, all the edges of the mild steel are rolled for safety.
Next, attached cheek guards help protect the sides of the face. Three plates are riveted vertically to a thick leather base. When the adjustable leather chin strap is secured in place, these cheek guards are held closer to the sides of the face.
Inside, the helmet features an adjustable leather liner. Two strips of foam come included and can be placed beneath the leather liner for better comfort and fit. You can wear the helmet with one or both foam strips depending on what works best for you.
Overall, this Renaissance helmet style allows for great visibility alongside protection. It is especially useful for guarding against sword strikes or arrow volleys from above. Complete your medieval mercenary, foot soldier, or Renaissance explorer look with this historical LARP helmet. It also works well for light reenactment and all kinds of costume use, whether at the Renaissance faire or on stage.
- Dark color adds depth to character
- Plated cheek guards protect sides of face
- Secures with adjustable chin strap
- Comes with two thicknesses of foam padding
- Features adjustable leather liner
- Great for knights, explorers, mercenaries, and more
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- Padding is made of foam
- Features leather and suede liners and leather chin strap
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.