Although this Greek ruler realized he was losing to the Persian army, he continued to fight. The Leonidas With Spear And Shield Bronze Statue depicts the Spartan king in his final moments at the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. The warrior king braces himself, fully prepared to die for his city. A Corinthian helmet crowns his head. A cloak drapes over his shoulders. Grecian designs accent his armor. In his right hand he grips a spear. With the other, he lifts a shield that bares the symbol of the Spartan Army, a Lambda. The body of a fallen soldier and a dagger rests at his feet. The name of the warrior king displays on a small plaque at the base of the figurine.
- Depicts the Spartan king, Leonidas I
- Inspired by the historical records of Herodotus
- Hand-painted with amazing detail
- A fine piece to add to your home decor
- Made from Cold Cast Bronze
- Height: 10.625 Inches