The German Landsknecht was the ultimate fighting man in the Late Renaissance. Known as much for their flamboyant garb as their ferocity on the battlefield, these mercenary foot soldiers were feared far and wide for their proficiency in arms. From zweihander-wielding shock troops and stalwart pikemen to eagle-eyed arquebusiers, landsknecht forces were diverse except in one case: their backup weapon, the katzbalger sword. With its iconic flat, wide blade, rounded tip, and distinctive figure-eight hand guard, this short but sturdy weapon hung at the waist of every landsknecht going into battle. Now you can have your own trusty katzbalger sword by your side with our faithful reproduction, featuring a distinctive three-fuller design in the blade to keep the weapon light and maneuverable. A braided steel hand guard, wooden hilt, and matching wooden scabbard for a custom fit rounds out this gorgeous unsharpened piece. Leather covers the wooden scabbard. Your next landsknecht cosplay will be as striking as well as historically accurate with this blade in your collection!
- Fully Functional
- The Signature Sword of the German Landsknecht
- Features a Hand Crafted Steel Blade
- Blade Possesses Unsharpened Edges
- Has a Blackened Steel Figure Eight Guard and a Wood Grip
- Includes a Wood Scabbard with Unique Fittings
- Made of EN45 high carbon steel
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.