With the enemy approaching, you prepare for the incoming attack and raise the Kogane No Senshi Wakizashi into the air. Made from folded 1095 high-carbon steel, the functional wakizashi has a curved blade, typical of Japanese swords. It has a clay-tempered, Honsanmai construction.
A Honsanmai construction is a common Japanese blade construction style. The blades cross section has four sections of steel. There is soft steel at the top center with hard steel below it. On each side of the center, there is a section of medium steel.
The sword continues with a blackened iron crossguard, also called a tsuba. Then, the hilt has a hardwood handle. Golden silk wraps around the handle, in a battle style, or katate-maki. Real black ray skin covers the handle. It features a gold-plated ornament, called a menuki. The other end of the hilt has a blackened iron pommel.
Finally, this sword comes with a black wooden scabbard, called a saya. It has a golden wrap at the top. The Kogane No Senshi Wakizashi also comes with a certificate of authenticity. You can take this Japanese wakizashi to your next reenactment or add it to your weaponry collection.
- Fully functional
- Golden wrapped handle
- Comes with a scabbard
- Includes a certificate of authenticity
- Great for reenactments and sword collection
- Blade is folded 1095 high-carbon steel
- Tsuba and pommel are iron
- Handle and scabbard are hardwood
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.