The Ketill Wool Pants take inspiration from the Rus pants of the Eastern Vikings. This historical pattern not only creates the right look for LARP, renaissance fairs, and reenactment events, it allows for excellent freedom of movement. The trousers are handmade from a blend of sheep wool, polyester, and viscose. The wool lends to its water repellent properties as well as its authentic look and feel. The synthetic fabrics reduce felting and itchiness while increasing comfort and durability. These baggy trousers fit loosely around the waist and upper leg before snugging tightly around the calf. They tie at the waistband and just below the knee. The hips of the Viking trousers are very wide, allowing you to tighten the fit according to your preference.
During the Viking age, some Vikings journeyed to lands that later became known as Russia. Vikings adopted many local customs of the Rus people, including their distinctive loose pants, which used as much as 50 yards of fabric to create their baggy design, according to some accounts.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Inspired by the Rus pants of Eastern Vikings
- Fitted with tie strings at the waist and below the knee
- Great look for both historical and fantasy roles
- Perfect apparel for LARP and reenactment
- Made of 70 percent sheep wool, 30 percent polyester, and 10 percent viscose
- Handwashing this item is recommended. Do not dry in the dryer. Do not bleach. Item may be ironed on a low setting.