The concept of the guardian lion emerged in China over 1800 years ago during the Han Dynasty. The Jade Lion Gim draws upon that same protective reputation, combining intricate ceremonial styling with battle-ready performance. This makes it appropriate for collectors specifically as well as martial artists in general. The watchful Chinese lion motif is cast in nickel-sliver with almost sculptural detail on the heavy guard and pommel. This provides a compelling contrast to the elegant jade green color of the cord wrapped handle and matching rosewood scabbard that is covered in highly polished rayskin dyed to match the handle. The most attention-grabbing feature, however, is the blade itself. Forged by hand and expertly tempered from our finest Damascus steel, a distinctively subtle swirl pattern bespeaks the elegant beauty of fine craftsmanship combined with the incomparable strength of Damascus steel.
- Inspired by famous Chinese weaponry
- Ornate lion faces decorate pommel and guard
- Included rosewood scabbard is wrapped in jade green rayskin
- Finely made sword is suited for combat and reenactment
- Blade is made of Damascus steel
- Fittings made of nickel-silver
- Weight: 31.7 oz.
- Blade Thickness: 0.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 6.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 36.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches