Described in the Iaido Sword Book, Iaido is the classical Japanese discipline of drawing and cutting with the long sword in defense of an unanticipated attack, throwing off the blood and returning the sword to its sheath. It is the direct inheritor of techniques perfected by centuries of samurais whose lives and honor depended on their spirit and prowess. Author Richard Babin brings together all the information needed to pursue a formal study of this art, including how to choose a sword, cut with it, take care of it, and assume the clothing. He covers not only the basic moves and positions, but the entire curriculum of forms of the muso shinden ryu of iaido. Equally important, the author puts the art in its historic and social perspective, helping clarify for the reader the spiritual pathway the way of the sword offers. If you want to learn iaido, this is your textbook. This is a softcover edition.
- Written by Richard W. Babin, M.D.
- Includes 266 pages with 436 photos
- Discusses the Japanese discipline of Iaido
- Features practical information on choosing and sword, basic moves, and entire curriculum of forms
- Great for beginning and experienced practitioners
- Length: 8.5 Inches
- Width: 11 Inches