A hand and a half sword, also known as a bastard sword, is a very well known sword type from the medieval period. Now, with the Hand and a Half Broadsword, you can bring that iconic weapon into your reenactment battle or stage combat. Constructed from 1566 high-carbon steel, this blade is hardened and tempered for an enhanced durability. This longsword also features a fuller, which helps to lighten the blade. With a crossguard, a leather wrapped cruciform hilt, and a wheel pommel, this sword has the classic design of a bastard sword. The grip is typical of a hand and a half sword, as is the flattened diamond section blade. This sword also comes with a wooden scabbard with steel and leather mounts and carrying rings. Crafted specifically for reenactment, the Hand and a Half Broadsword is the ideal weapon for a true medieval swordsman.
- Blade is functional for stage combat
- Blade is hardened, unsharpened, and unpointed
- Hilt has a traditional crossguard and wheel pommel
- Grip and diamond cross section are classic features
- Includes a protective scabbard
- Blade is made of 1566 high carbon steel
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.