Surprisingly, armour can be pleasing to the eye and still be defensive. Take, for example, the Gothic Cuirass with Tassets, which provides impressive protection for the torso and thighs while featuring an attractive, 12th century style. A matching breastplate with backplate forms the cuirass. Each piece is fashioned from 18-gauge steel plates, welded together for maximum durability. Built-in faulds and tassets provide extra protection to the hips and thighs. Rolled edges and rivets increase safety and deflection. Adjust the armour to your comfort and fit with the buckle straps found at the shoulders and sides. Complete your look by combining this cuirass with the rest of the Gothic armour pieces such as the Gothic Gorget with Pauldrons.
Looking for the matching pieces of of this armour? Create the complete look with our Complete Gothic Armour Package (MCI-2630-M-Bundle), which includes the Gothic Cuirass with Tassets alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Includes the breastplate and backplate
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.