The elegantly simple lines of the Golden Oriole Daisho (SH1018, SH1019) have long been favored by admirers of the Japanese sword. Add the Golden Oriole Wakizashi to your collection as a beautiful example of this style. This wakizashi features a deeply lacquered blue saya and Japanese cotton tsuka-ito, and the Oriole appears again on the koshirae. The blade from the Hanwei factory is hand-forged in high-carbon steel and is edge-tempered to display a distinct hamon. Edge hardness is HRC60, back hardness HRC40. Supplied with a protective cloth bag and traditional maintenance kit.
- Features a traditional construction
- Hand forged high-carbon steel
- Built for cutting
- Includes wakizashi, protective cloth bag, and traditional maintenance kit
- Made by Hanwei.
- Blade Length: 20 Inches
- Handle Length: 6.75 Inches
- Overall Length: 27.5 Inches
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.
- Point of Balance: 4 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.07 Inches
- Width at Tip: 0.75 Inch
- Thickness at Guard: 0.28 Inch
- Thickness at Tip: 0.2 Inch
- Sori: 0.5 Inch
- Specs will differ slightly from piece to piece.