Face the world as a monster hunter, highwayman, or another skilled character. Look mysterious and dangerous in the Black Gevaudan Split Leather Mantle. This extended mantle will suit a wide range of personas and aesthetics. Made from split leather, this black medieval mantle has a wide brim. It covers the shoulders and the upper chest. The mantle fastens on the front off-center with multiple buckled straps.
Next, the leather mantle has an extended neck that you can easily pull up to cover part of the face. It has additional material for adding comfort and protection. This mantle is an ideal addition to a reenactment outfit or LARP costume.
Beast of Gevaudan
This mantle is especially fitting for monster hunters as it shares its name with the Beast of Gevaudan, a real-life monster-hunting story. Gevaudan is a city in France that was terrorized between 1764 and 1767 by a mysterious and ferocious beast.
There were so many attacks that the Kingdom of France used a considerable amount of money and manpower to hunt the beast down. Most recent historians believe it to have been a pack of wolves that were behind the attacks. A hunt by Jean Chastel marked the end of the attacks.
Please note that this item is made by hand from natural materials. Therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Fastens with buckles and straps
- Covers the shoulders and neck
- Has an extended neck
- Helps to protect from the wind
- Suits a range of medieval characters
- Great for LARP and cosplay events
- Made from split leather
- Remove dirt with a bristle brush. Brush in a single direction to keep nap uniform. Use cornstarch or a suede eraser to absorb and remove any grease stains. Do not wash. Keep dry.