Hail brave knight, the king calls you forth to commend your courage. The German Knight Steel Breastplate gleams before the assembly as you walk forward. This handmade, 16 gauge mild steel torso armour comes in three sizes. It has a polished finish. The medieval cuirass has a multiple piece construction. Each piece overlaps the one above it. First, there is a upper chest plate. On this upper chest plate, there is a strap on each side underneath the rounded cutouts for the arms. These straps cross over each other at the back and attach to the shoulders with buckles. Rolled edges adorn the curved cutouts for the arms and the rounded neckline. In addition, there are indented lines that accent the side curves.
Next, there is a plate that protects the torso. It has a top edge that curves into a point in the very center. There is a buckle on this point for attaching a gorget, not included. Raised ridges accent the plate near the top edge. Also, this torso plate has a strap that runs across the back horizontally. Finally, there are three fauld plates to protect the waist area while still allowing for mobility. Rivets attach the plates to each other. Add the German Knight Steel Breastplate to your medieval ensemble, especially for a reenactment.
- Secures with straps
- Comes in three sizes
- Overlapping faulds for protection and mobility
- Can attach to a gorget, not included
- Great for historical reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.