The art of wielding a katana, much like archery, requires patience, persistence, control, and strength. The Fletching Katana fuses the traditional Japanese sword with emblems that tells the tale of great samurai archers of legend. With its incredible carbon steel blade, this functional sword features an incredible hamon that spans the full tang of the blade from the pommel to the tip. Endowed with traditional style, these modern materials prove reliable under trial. Ray skin has been used to form the tsuka, or handle, wrapped in a golden-brown cloth. The copper-toned, archery inspired fuchi, kashira, and tsuba pair well with the silver arrowhead menuki that decorates the tsuka. The swords matte black saya, or scabbard, has been adorned with a buffalo horn endcap and knob and black sageo strap. Archery enthusiast or sword master, the Fletching Katana is sure to fit well in your collection!
Please keep in mind that this sword has been hand-forged, varying slightly in finish and overall measurements.
- Captures the essence of ancient archery
- Hand crafted from durable materials
- Incredible build in traditional style
- Golden-brown wrapped ray skin handle
- Fuchi, kashira, and tsuba feature arrow fletching
- Comes with textured scabbard adorned with buffalo horn knob and cap
- Ideal for sword and archery enthusiasts
- Blade is crafted from carbon steel
- Handle constructed from ray skin
- Fuchi, kashira, and tsuba made from copper
- Menuki crafted from silver
- Saya carved from wood
- Knob and endcap crafted from buffalo horn
- Overall Length: 42.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 28.375 Inches
- Handle Length: 12.625 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
- Sori: .625 Inch
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.