Every noble knight needs some shining armour. The Churburg Breastplate, made of 19 gauge mild steel, is a fantastic option for getting a great armoured look for your next medieval live action roleplay or historic reenactment event. The polished steel surface gives it an eye-catching look, and a V-shaped strip of metal, called a stop-rib, adorns the chest. Its adjustable ductile steel flanks and adjustable leather straps help the wearer achieve a close body fit. Due to this items handcrafted nature, there may be slight variations to its appearance that do not detract from its authentic look. The edges of this armour are rolled, and it should be worn over arming wear such as a gambeson for a comfortable and safe fit.
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Features adjustable ductile steel flanks for a close body fit
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Great for historic reenactment events and LARP use
- Made from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.