When piecing together armour for a LARP character, whether young or old, the medieval fighter should never be without protection for the lower neck. The Childs Dark Warrior Gorget is a worthy choice for a young knight or battlemage. Crafted from 18-gauge mild steel, the gorget fits around the lower throat and secures to attachments via adjustable buckle straps and D-rings. An oxidation resistant coating not only provides a dark metal finish, but aids in rust and scratch prevention. Rolled edges and rivets increase its deflection capability. Combining the Childs Dark Warrior Gorget with a padded mantle is recommended for maximum comfort and protection.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Possesses a dark antique finish
- Treated with an oxidation resistant coating
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge galvanized mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.