Ideal for Renaissance fairs and other historical re-enactments, the Carl Hospitaller Tabard will transform anyone who wears it into one of the Knights Hospitaller. The Crusader tabard is crafted from rough cotton fabric for a period look. A soft cotton lining ensures that the design is comfortable to wear, and ties at the neck and sides allow adjustments to the fit. Slits provide excellent freedom of movement. The medieval tabard displays a distinctive white Crusader cross stitched on the chest, standing out clearly on the black fabric. One of the most well-known orders of the Crusades, the Hospitallers rose from a group that cared for the sick and injured pilgrims traveling to the Holy Lands to one of the most formidable fighting forces of the period.
Please be aware that the tabard features a Cross Moline, not a Cross Pattee as pictured. A Cross Moline is a cross with birfurcate ends that split and gently curl out.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Displays white cross on black tabard
- Features cotton lining
- Ties at neck and sides
- Ideal medieval or Renaissance apparel
- Made from 100 percent cotton
- Handwashing this item is recommended. Do not dry in the dryer. Do not bleach. Item may be ironed on a low setting.
- Small/Medium: Chest – 34.4-38.6 Inches, Waist – 30.7-33.9 Inches, Hip – 37-40.2 Inches
- Large/X-Large: Chest – 41.3-44.9 Inches, Waist – 37.4-41.3 Inches, Hip – 43.3-46.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.