You, experienced warrior, know that you must protect your neck from the enemy. Thus, you wear the Polished Steel Captain Gorget when in battle. Made from 19-gauge mild steel, this gorget comes in two sizes. It features a polished finish. The knight gorget secures with a pin on one side and ties.
Next, the gorget has a short collar. Rivets run along the center of the gorget. It has sides that gently angle inwards towards the front and then angle down into a point at the bottom. Along the bottom edge there are two pairs of holes for securing the gorget with laces to a gambeson, like the Imperial Gambeson (MCI-3125), sold separately. Meanwhile, the shoulders have loops for attaching pauldrons, not included. Also, one shoulder has a pin and strap for securing the gorget, while the other has a rivet that it hinges on.
On the back, the warrior gorget has a straight bottom edge. There are two additional sets of holes on the back for lacing. Add this medieval gorget to your LARP knight outfit or Ren faire costume.
- Comes in three sizes
- Secures with straps and ties
- Features a polished finish
- Has a short collar
- Great for LARP events and Ren faires
- Made from 19-gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.