When it comes to armour for battle, protecting yourself underneath your arms is very important. The Butted Chainmail Voiders are just the thing for providing comprehensive protection. These voiders are crafted from 16 gauge steel rings woven in a classic 4-in-1 pattern. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. Each ring is 9 millimeters across, granting the chainmail voiders a tight weave. The medieval voiders come as a set of two, one for each arm. They attach under the arms to clothing such as gambesons to protect vulnerable areas under the arms. Clothing does not come included. These steel armour pieces have been plated with zinc, which helps protect from rust damage. The Butted Chainmail Voiders are the perfect pieces of DIY armour to complement any chainmail or plate armoured ensemble.
Please note that these voiders must be sewn or otherwise attached to a gambeson or other piece of clothing.
- Made of 9 mm diameter metal rings
- Woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Zinc-plated for rust resistance
- Requires a gamebson or other piece of clothing, not included
- Comes as a set of two
- Perfect for reenactments, LARP, or costume use
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Overall Length: 25.5 Inches
- Width: 13 Inches
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.