When choosing how to protect your head, chainmail is a great choice, whether worn on its own over an arming cap or underneath a helm. For head protection at your next LARP or historical reenactment, choose the Butted Chainmail Coif. This medieval coif is made from 16 gauge mild steel rings that have been woven in a classic 4-in-1 pattern, granting it true medieval authenticity as well as durability. Each round ring is 10 mm in diameter and has been plated with zinc for protection against rust. If you are looking to keep the head and neck of your Viking or knightly ensemble covered, the Butted Chainmail Coif is the thing for you!
- Made of round, 10 mm diameter rings
- Woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Zinc-plated for rust resistance
- Covers the head and neck
- Perfect for reenactments, LARP, or costume use
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Overall Length: 15.5 Inches (From Top of Head)
- Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour
- When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.