The rapier is a classic evolution of the sword, changing as warriors began to favor finesse and skill over brute strength. This Brandenburg Rapier is equal parts form and function, possessing a dashing look and a strong blade fit for any noble swordsman. This rapier is modeled after those that were common in the 17th century, featuring the tell-tale swept and twisted metal basket that is designed to catch the eye and keep the hand safe. Like all rapiers, this sword features a long, narrow blade that is designed for thrusting and stabbing. This rapier blade is made from hand forged high carbon steel and reinforced with its full tang construction and flattened oval cross section to give it strength and durability. Like many rapiers, the blade also has an extended ricasso that reaches past the swords basket hilt. The unsharpened section of the blade is decoratively engraved with lion and foliate motifs. The basket hilt wraps around the swords grip, featuring twisted metal spokes and quillons that are as functional as they are visually appealing. The carved horn grip echoes the same twisted design. Hand wrapped with a steel accent wire, the grip is strong and reliable, perfect for fencing and dueling. Included with the sword is a black scabbard with steel accents on the throat and chape. A gentleman always travels with his blade of choice, and if you seek an authentic and historical look, this Brandenburg Rapier is an excellent sword.
Made by Windlass Steelcrafts.
- Fully functional
- Displays an ornate and effective basket hilt
- Blade reinforced by full tang construction and oval cross section
- Extended and engraved ricasso
- A magnificent and fast rapier
- Hand forged, 1065 high carbon steel blade
- Twisted steel basket hilt
- Horn grip with steel wire wrap
- Leather scabbard with metal accents
- Overall Length: 44.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 38 Inches
- Blade Width: 1 Inch
- Blade Thickness: 0.16-0.12 Inch
- Grip Length: 4 Inches
- Point of Balance: 4.50 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 3.8 oz.