This Assam Rifles Kukri is made to military stands for issue to the Gurkhas Assam Rifles Regiment. Quality construction ensures that this kukri is not only a workhorse, but it is also a reliable little blade that truly excels at cutting and chopping. In virtually every way, this blade is a classic kukri through and through, possessing a forward curve and a unique weight distribution that makes it capable of easy cleaving. A trident-shaped notch in the blade in the blade performs many functions, acting as both a symbol of Shiva, as well as delineating where the kukris blade ends. The blade is hand forged from high carbon steel and comes with a factory edge (which you can sharpen later, if you need to, as the blade holds an edge quite nicely). The kukris grip is made from polished hardwood and features a brass bolster and a brass pommel, which displays a raised lions head decoration. The kukri measures approximately 18 inches long, with a blade length of approximately 13.5 inches. Included with the kukri is a regulation sheath that can be worn on the belt (Gurkhas traditionally wear it at their back), as well as a pair of miniature blades for utility purposes. For its effectiveness and its quality, this Assam Rifles Kukri is quite the bargain buy, being a great little workhorse blade that will slice, dice, and chop its way through most-anything you put it towards. After all, if it is issued to the actual Gurkhas who made the kukri legendary, then it has got to be good enough for everyday use, too.
- Fully functional
- Crafted by Windlass Steelcrafts
- Blade is Hand Forged from Carbon Steel
- Comes With a Factory Edge (But Can be Honed to Greater Sharpness)
- Features a Trident Notch in the Blade at the Hilt
- Polished Hardwood Grip is Attractive, Yet Sturdy and Strong
- Includes a Regulation Sheath with Belt Loops
- Blade Length: 13.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 18 Inches
- Overall Weight: 1 lb. 4 oz.