For your next knightly excursion, top off your armoured look with the Alwin Steel Bascinet. This handmade steel helmet covers your head as well as your neck with its attached chainmail neck curtain, called a camail or aventail. The sugarloaf style skullcap is conical in shape with a slight central ridge that comes to an upwards point, and it has an attached nasal guard to protect your nose. Rings of the chainmail are attached to the bottom of the nose piece, creating secure cover. Ideal for costume use or live action roleplay, this medieval style helmet is best worn over a padded coif for comfort and protection against bruising. Add comprehensive coverage and authenticity to your medieval warrior style when you wear the Alwin Steel Bascinet.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on historical helmet styles of the High Middle Ages
- Helmet features skullcap, nose guard, and camail
- Skullcap features conical, pointed shape
- Chainmail extends to shoulders of most wearers
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens
- Circumference: 23.2 Inches
Measurements are approximate.