The decorated spearheads demonstrate the Vikings creative mix of art and war, whereby weapons often carried intricate patterns, created using the Niello process. This involved using an alloy of several metals (notably silver) mixed with sulfur which was rubbed into an incised pattern and then fired. Where the alloy is rubbed into the engraving, it remains black while the rest of the surface is polished to a bright finish. Our decorating process uses a little less alchemy, but still provides a lustrous, permanent Niello-like effect. Each spearhead has a shaft diameter of 1 inch. Spearheads only are supplied.
The Nordic warrior frequently carried several light Throwing Spears into combat. This style displays the narrow, sharply pointed head designed to pierce mail. Several spears might be carried in the shield hand in a charge. These were thrown as the distance closed, leaving the warrior free to use his sword or axe in hand-to-hand fighting. Total head length is 16 inches.
Made by Hanwei.
- Historically accurate
- Antiqued Finish
- Fully functional
- Blade length: 9.75 Inches
- Overall length: 15.75 Inches
- Weight: 8.6 oz.
- Thickness at Guard: 0.57 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
first to write a review.
How would you rate your overall satisfaction with this item?
How would you rate the quality of this item?
Was the item you ordered accurately described on the website?
Would you Recommend this item?
How would you rate your experience purchasing from Medieval Collectibles?
It looks awesome, the detail is fantastic, and overall it's a very nice piece.
Reviewed by Nate
1/10/2015 12:03:29 AM
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 90 day return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund*, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- *We can only process refunds to items returned within 30 days, after 30 days we offer exchange or store credit only.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges