A sleek black look pairs with high impact materials to create the Black Blade Sparring Messer. This sword is perfect for sparring in historical European martial arts, and it makes a great Messer for reenactments and theatrical use as well. This sturdy practice sword is crafted from a unique blend of high impact polymer, making a durable weapon for sparring in the art of fencing. The black guard has an extended piece known as a Nagel, which is intended to protect the wielder of the sword from blows to the hand. Two sphere tipped quillons extend from the guard as well, while a ball pommel helps to keep your hand from slipping off of the hilt. Dating back before the Renaissance, Messers have been used for practicing combat, and you can keep that tradition alive with the Black Blade Sparring Messer.
- Crafted from high impact polymer
- Ideal for practice in Western martial arts
- Features a ball tipped Negal and quillons
- Black blade and hilt are a sleek design
- Great for practice, reenactment, or theatrical use
- Overall Length: 37.625 Inches
- Blade Length: 29.5 Inches
- Handle Length: 6.5 Inches
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 90 day return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund*, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- *We can only process refunds to items returned within 30 days, after 30 days we offer exchange or store credit only.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges