Often overlooked by modern sword lovers is the tremendous amount of stress placed on a sword blade during battle. Early Viking swords were forged from layers of iron interwoven with strands of steel to produce a very tough sword. Although iron was a tougher material than bronze it would frequently bend. Damascus, or pattern welded steel, was used to make the blade strong enough to withstand the rigors of combat. Excavations of a number of Circa 850-900 Viking swords turned up a lovely damascus specimen in Finland, which is what we have modeled this sword after. It has the lobed pommel loved by the Norsemen, but the crossguard contrasts slightly with the typical down curved versions. The early style blade is well-suited to the quick, slashing blows of the Viking warrior. Our version is made of high carbon damascus steel. The blade is polished with the fuller etched to show the damascus construction of the blade. The pommel and crossguard are steel. The grip is leather wrapped wood and the scabbard is wood covered in leather with steel mounts. This is a true fighting sword, and one that any Viking would be proud to carry in battle.
Made by Windlass.
- Beautiful Damascus blade
- Traditional Viking style sword
- Includes a leather covered wooden scabbard
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting
- A functional sword - battle ready
- Overall Length: 36 Inches
- Blade Length: 31.375 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.75 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 3/16 an Inch
- Weight: 2 lbs.
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 90 day return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund*, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- *We can only process refunds to items returned within 30 days, after 30 days we offer store credit only.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges