In Third Age of Middle-earth, Thorin Oakenshield and his Company of Dwarves came upon a troll. There Thorin found an ancient Elven sword named Orcrist, forged by the high Elves of the West, in Gondolin. Thorin claimed Orcrist for his own and vowed to cleave Goblins with it once again. He wielded the sword through most of the Quest for Erebor, using it against the Goblins of the Misty Mountains. The Goblins called it Biter and hated and feared it.
The blade of Orcrist features a curved leaf shape on one side, and a straight edge on the other, a fitting design for a blade meant to cleave Orcs and Goblins. Adorning the pommel is an emblem of the heraldry of Ecthelion of the Fountain. The hilt is shaped from the tooth of a dragon. It is unknown if the tooth was acquired prior to the fifth battle of the First Age, or added to the sword with the inscription in the millennia after the Fall of Gondolin, most likely by the Dwarves of the North. Inscribed on the blade in elven runes are numerous phrases, which read as follows. On the guard is the name Orcrist, which means Goblin cleaver. Inscribed on the blade, on both sides are the runes that mean the serpents tooth.
This authentically detailed replica is a reproduction of the actual filming prop built by Weta Workshop of New Zealand and used in the motion picture, The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey. This replica has been painstakingly and meticulously recreated using only the finest grade materials and top quality craftsmanship to ensure that this movie replica looks like it has come to you directly from the silver screen. The sword measures approximately 38.75 inches long. It features a stainless steel blade with etched, runic inscriptions. The guard is crafted from cast metal and features simulated gemstones, while the hilt features an acrylic resin grip that is modeled on the original prop. Close attention to detail was a top priority during its construction, ensuring the utmost detail possible on each piece. It is presented with a wood wall display and also includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Blade is Constructed from AUS-6 Stainless Steel
- Decorated with Faux Gemstones
- A Licensed Lord of the Rings Sword
- Features a Cast Metal Guard with a Resin Grip
- Includes a Display With Silk Screening and a Certificate of Authenticity
- Blade Length: 25.875 Inches
- Overall Length: 38.75 Inches
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 90 day return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund*, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- *We can only process refunds to items returned within 30 days, after 30 days we offer store credit only.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges