The Limited Edition Sword of Catholic Kings, by Marto, is a reproduction of the great sword kept in the Real Armeria in Madrid, made in the 15th century during the reign of Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabelle of Castile and used in solemn court occasions until the 18th century. This sword is one of the most spectacular swords in Spanish History. With this sword, the Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand and Isabella knighted Christopher Columbus on his return from his first voyage to America. This ceremonial sword was used as the symbol of the royal power in all religious and political ceremonies, since the conquest of Grenada and the beginning of Spain as a nation. Engraved on the hilt is the moto Tanto Monta, Monta Tanto. The motto refers to both of the Catholic monarchs, Isabella and Ferdinand, and loosely translates to As Much As The One Is Worth, So Much Is The Other, meaning that both King and Queen held equal authority. An amazing piece made with strong steel and shining gold-plating, the Catholic King Sword by Marto is an unbelievably stunning piece that would find an eager home in any collection.
- 420 Stainless Steel Blade Tempered to 48-53 Rockwell Hardness
- 24K Gold Etchings on Blade
- Genuine Leather and Wire-Wrapped Grip
- 24K Gold-Plated Cast Metal Hilt
- Overall Length: 48 Inches
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 90 day return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund*, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- *We can only process refunds to items returned within 30 days, after 30 days we offer store credit only.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges