The Spartan Shield was an efficient thing. That cannot be questioned. Originally constructed from wood with a layer of bronze over it, this heavy shield known as an aspis could be used effectively for defense or bashing. A more stylistic reference from modern culture, this aspis would have been used by Spartan hoplites in their phalanx, offering not only a degree of personal defense but also security to the man directly to their left. Known not only as an aspis but also as a hoplon, this shield is set with the capital lambdaa symbol used by ancient Spartans as a symbol of their homeland, Lacedaemon. Also a functional weapon, the weight and blunt edges of this shield would have been deadly - efficient in knocking other soldiers down or unconscious. The Spartan Shield was proof positive that in the hands of an expert warrior, the best defense is near impenetrable and can even be turned into a moderately effective offense. Maybe that is why Spartans were so feared
- Heavy Weight Construction
- Made From Aluminum with Rubberized Backing
- Functioning Handle and Nylon Arm-Strap
- Overall Diameter: 24 Inches
first to write a review.
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges